For your plumbing, heating & air conditioning needs after 5pm call:
Yes, we service all 5 boroughs.
Par is a union labor company. We are affiliated with:
- Plumbers Local #1 in NYC
- Steamfitters Local #638 in NYC, Nassau and Suffolk
- Plumbers Local #200 in Nassau and Suffolk
Par’s Heating & Air Conditioning division has been performing HVAC work since 2002.
Our HVAC service contracts include:
- All labor for performing maintenance on your HVAC systems
- All emergency service calls, billed at preferred contract customer pricing
- Belts & filters
Yes, we are capable of working on:
- Refrigerant systems including large-tonnage split units
- Rooftop units & cooling towers
- All fire sprinkler systems need to be maintained according to local, state and federal codes.
- An annual inspection will ensure your fire safety.
- Under NFPA 25, it is now necessary for all buildings to engage a licensed fire suppression piping contractor to perform the required maintenance duties.
- Yes, there usually are discounts associated with installation of a rated fire sprinkler system. Ask your contractor for the specific description of your system and then call your insurance agent with the information.
A. Wet Fire Sprinkler Systems:
- The wet-pipe system employs automatic sprinklers attached to a piping system connected to a water supply.
- The water discharges immediately from the sprinklers activated by fire.
B. Dry Pipe Systems:
- The dry-pipe system employs automatic sprinklers attached to a piping system containing air or nitrogen under pressure.
- When released, the water flows into the piping system and discharges only from those sprinklers which have been activated by the fire.
- Dry-pipe systems are installed in lieu of wet-pipe systems where piping is subject to freezing.
C. Pre-Action Systems:
- Pre-action sprinkler systems are specialized for use in locations where accidental activation is undesired, such as a museum with rare artwork, manuscripts, or books and Data Centers, for protection of computer equipment from accidental water discharge.
- In a pre-action system, the action of a heat-responsive device releases a pre-action valve, the water fills the piping system, and an alarm is given in advance of the activation of sprinklers.
- Fire sprinklers are the most visible part of a fire sprinkler system – an integrated array of pumps, piping and detection devices. Pipes hook into your building’s water supply which is pushed through pumping or pressurization to upper floors in multi-level structures.
- Sprinkler heads are the distribution devices that spray water over a fire.
- Sprinklers are activated by high heat, usually between 165-175°F. When they sense temperatures in that range, they release water over the hot area, dousing the fire.
Automatic sprinkler systems are able to disperse water evenly over a pre-determined area and efficiently extinguish fires when necessary.
We can accommodate clients who prefer their projects to be open shop.